Monday, May 13, 2013

To Boldly Go?

Okay, so I don't know how many people know about the Mars One program (http://applicants.mars-one.com/) but I found out about it myself yesterday. To be honest, I've been thinking about it non-stop since then. When I was a kid, I wanted nothing more than to be an astronaut, but my dreams were crushed when my mom said that since I had asthma as a kid that I'd never be accepted. But now here's another chance! A chance to leave Earth behind and colonize Mars as some of the first pioneers of the planet! That would be a dream come true for me! However, it's a very selective process to get accepted into one of the 4 slots available to anyone on the planet. What could possibly set me apart and get me noticed?

2 comments:

  1. I actually applied a couple weeks ago.

    The odds might not be as bad as you think, they plan to four-person team every two years, so they'll be training a lot more than four people. And they will also be training several "backup" teams because their setup means that teams can't be broken up under any circumstances, either all four go or none go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, you got a good point. I definitely plan on entering...once I can scrounge up the money to pay the entry fee. But, I have no idea what to say! >.< What skill can I bring? o.O I want to be the first furry on Mars! XD

      Delete